Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Busy Busy

This week seems to have flown by. I guess being busy has it's advantages. It does mean that i am going on holiday in a little over a fortnight! For anyone who doesn't know we won a holiday to LA(well Hubby did) and we go very soon. I haven't had a huge amount of time to get excited about things but am slowly starting to get organised about things now. We are staying in Anaheim and will be doing the usual Disneyland and Universal bits as well as maybe a trip down the coast to San Diego which will be very nostalgic as we spent our honeymoon there.
Monday i made some cards for the IACW blog using some stamps i got from Joanne which are Stampin Up! and are completely gorgeous and addictive! Corey and i have been having crafty days too. Monday we made hats and Tuesday we did painting.

I've been out and about this week to Birmingham. Had a lovely day shopping there on Wednesday. Please see the below picture and laugh. It's me enjoying some uber yummy dark chocolate from Hotel chocolat!
I managed too at last find a decent silver chain for my beads to go on and some of the sets on there look absolutely lush. More scrummy beads going up today but i am resisting!
Yesterday i spent the day in a graveyard, literally. I went to try and found my grandmothers grave. She was buried a pauper in a common grave so it is unmarked and although i have the plot and grave number it was near impossible to find so it will mean another visit. I did manage to find my mums adoptive parents grave though so my visit wasn't in vain.
Also forgot to mention that i had been to the hospital about my voice/cough. He thinks the cough and sore throat are down to reflux so that will mean a visit to the doctors again and probably a referral to the gastroenterologist. In terms of my hoarseness he said it is because my vocal cords are not closing properly when i speak. He came to this conclusion by putting a camera up my nose! I'm sort of glad i didn't know beforehand i would be having this done or i would have probably chickened out. It wasn't too bad actually and at least i know what's wrong now. So i have to be referred to a speech therapist! Am now waiting for an appointment.

17 comments:

What a great post from you today cath!!!! Yes long but it had to be Well done. i am having a good day too!
Love Di

28 March 2008 at 03:47  

Cute pics of you and Corey! The trip sounds like so much fun! Glad you are finely getting sorted out as to your cough. And the graveyard visit sounds fascinating too.

You always make your life seem so exciting!

28 March 2008 at 04:49  

oooh...i wish i lived closer to CA, i would SOOO come out and meet you!

I hope that they can sort out your cough and voice soon. It stinks to not feel up to par!

Love the pic of you enjoying your dark chocolate....love, love, love the stuff myself! :)

28 March 2008 at 05:49  

Ew! Camera up the nose :( Glad it wasn't too bad and you have an answer. I have terrible reflux too - on omeprazole but sometimes even that's not enough. Glad I don't have a cough though! Great pictures of you and little 'un. How big is HE??? Wow, LA! I'm not jealous of the flight, but I'd love to visit the USA..... Take care.

28 March 2008 at 07:39  

All I have to say is -

Hotel Chocolat - mmmmmmmmm


x

28 March 2008 at 10:07  

I would love to visit the USA. lucky you. Don't envy a camera up the nose though! Aren'y graveyards fascinating?

28 March 2008 at 14:51  

Great piccies- OH wow didn't realise you'd WON a hols- how exciting!!!
Have a lovely time!

1 April 2008 at 09:12  

A free holiday! Oh, you lucky thing, I hope you all have a fabulous time:) At least you'll be getting some decent weather!

8 April 2008 at 00:29  

Wow cath.. seems you blog as much as I do these days :) Corey is getting so big!!! that is awesome about winning the trip.. must be nice!! I currently have NO voice at all myself.. just barely a whisper.. been to the docs and found out I have a chest infection so hoping it clears up soon!!

22 April 2008 at 11:21  

right, then, Cath. I miss you.

2 May 2008 at 12:38  

Hellloooooooooooooooooooo

Hope you had a great holiday - come on we want an update and piccies!! LOL!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY too for today!!!!!

K xxxxx

8 May 2008 at 03:33  

I can't believe how big Corey is now Kath and so gorgeous bless him, hope that something can be done for you hun, the camera thing didn't sound too pleasant.

Hugs

Mjx

25 May 2008 at 13:56  

Holiday sounds wonderful, hospital visit sounds not so fun but another here hoping things are sorted for you sooner rather than later xx

26 May 2008 at 22:59  

still miss you....

29 June 2008 at 08:09  

Aw sweetheart... I hope they sort your helath probs out - my hubby had that reflux thing. Not good eh?

Have a fab holiday! I won a trip to Barbados once... nothing like a fab holiday someone else paid for lol!

jk xx

27 September 2008 at 10:52  

Cath-I've missed you!!!

24 November 2010 at 20:43  

27 October 2015 at 03:09  

Older Post Home